Are you passionate about volunteering and giving back to your community?
The Volunteer Internship is a rewarding hands-on experience with Goodwill Industries of Dallas. This position will provide direct support to the Volunteer Coordinator and Marketing Director. The Intern will have the opportunity to be involved in the day-to-day operations of a large Volunteer program. We are looking for students or recent graduates with an interest in civic engagement, volunteer administration, communications, adult development, human resources, education, psychology and other social service sciences.
The Volunteer Intern can expect to support projects that advance the mission of creating jobs.
Volunteer Coordination and Tracking
- Ensure data is entered Volunteer Management program
- Verify compliance of all paperwork for volunteers
- Maintaining Volunteer database
- Assist in placing all Volunteers and communicating sessions with internal Supervisor
- Work with Marketing to develop and deploy recruitment campaigns
- Assist with the development of monthly newsletters
- Deploy emails to Volunteers and Staff
- Support special event programs such as Job Fairs, Volunteer Appreciation and other events as needed
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program (undergraduate or recent graduate students preferred)
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Be comfortable asking questions and asking for direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs. Raiser’s Edge preferred.