Let us file your taxes for FREE!

What would you do if you had more money?

Buy a car?

Get a tune up?

Pay down the bills?

Well, money could be waiting for you at the IRS. Some working people will get hundreds, even thousands, back when they file their taxes and claim the Earned Income Tax Credit.

We can help you claim your money for you!

Hands doing annual taxes


VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) is an IRS-supported, FREE income tax preparation program for qualifying families. Assistance is geared towards people with low-to-moderate income, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.

Three convenient locations

Jim Collins Family Center
3020 N. Westmoreland Rd.
Dallas, TX 75212
214.638.2800 x147
Walk-ins welcome between 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Job Connection Center
1661 E NW Highway
Garland, TX 75041
By appointment only!
Job Connection Center
919 W. Main St.
Lewisville, TX 75067
By appointment only!

What you need to bring

Valid driver's license or photo identification
(self & spouse, if applicable)

Social security cards for all persons listed on the return

Proof of account at financial institution for direct debit or deposit (voided check with ABA routing number)

All income statements: W-2 and 1099, Social Security, unemployment, all statements showing taxes withheld

All records of expenses; such as tuition, mortgage interest, or real estate taxes

Dependent childcare information: payee's name, address, and SSN or tax ID number

Dates of birth for all persons listed on the return

Prior year tax return (if available)

Affordable Care Act statements (1095 A, B, or C)

Any other pertinent tax documents or papers

Frequently asked questions

If you haven’t received your refund yet, go to Where’s my refund on the IRS website.
You qualify for EITC if:

Our VITA volunteers will help you determine whether or not you qualify for EITC and other tax credits.
The filing deadline to submit 2016 tax returns is Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
IRS requires taxpayers to keep copies of their prior-year tax returns for at least three years. For example, you should keep copies of your 2016 tax return until 2019.
Yes. We provide tax services in both English and Spanish. Please call 214.638.2400x147 to schedule an appointment with one of our bilingual volunteers.