Caring about the environment is an important part of our business. Your partnership with Goodwill has the power to create a healthier environment while providing job training and employment to people with disabilities and disadvantaging conditions.
Special donation drive events can be hosted for several reasons and by many different organizations
Reasons to host a drive:
• Earth Day (April 22nd) - a day intended to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment
• Earth Week (week of April 22nd) - a week long appreciation for the Earth's environment
• Technology Recycling - help save the environment by recycling your end-of-life computers and electronics to prevent them from reaching our landfills
• Go Green Anytime – You don’t have wait until April each year to go green. Recycling makes sense and helps the environment 365 days a year!
Who can host a drive
• Corporate Offices
• Home Owners Associations
• Schools (public & private)
How to host a donation drive
• Choose a date(s) to host the drive. This could be anywhere from 2 days to
an entire week or longer.
• Choose which type of donation drive would best suit your organization.
Attended Donation Drive: Goodwill will have an attendant on duty to
operate the donation center and accept and sort donations and provide
receipts to each donor.
In-House Donation Drive: Your organization can collect donations in
carts that we provide located at convenient areas in your building.
Goodwill will pick up the carts of donated items, at the end of the drive.
The Donations Coordinator will meet with your organization to discuss the optimal location to place a trailer or carts.
Donation Drive Process
Goodwill drops off the donation center or carts at the specified location and date.
If the Attended Donation Drive works best for your organization, let us know the attendant’s hours that work best for you. We can tailor the hours to coincide with your organization’s needs. If you select an In-House Donation Drive, we will collect all donations and the end of your drive.
To find out more or schedule a drive, contact Erica Tate, Donations Coordinator, at 214.638.2800, ext. 137 or email@example.com
Most Needed Items
• Cell Phones
• CD's, DVD's
• Household Items
• Kitchen Accessories
• Sporting Equipment
• Small, Portable Electronics
• Small, Portable Appliances
• Stuffed Animals
• Gaming Systems
Thanks to our Annual Supporters!
Goodwill Dallas is thankful to our corporate citizens such as JCPenney™ The Container Store, Macy’s, Pepsico, TDIndustries, Northrup Grumman, and many others who continue to make a difference in our community each year by hosting donation drives on their campuses.
Are you a school or university? Each spring, SMU requests that Goodwill supply an attended donation center at the conclusion of the semester to provide their students with a convenient way to clean out their closets before returning home. Thanks SMU—what a great idea!
- - - - - - - - - - - -